[Soot-list] Is this a bug?

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Nov 10 09:41:31 EST 2008

Hi Justin.

I have never really used a BriefUnitGraph (and I generally think that
it's of limited use) but what Marco says makes a lot of sense: all
units should go *somewhere* and it's unclear where they should go in a
BriefUnitGraph. I am unsure what the motivation for the current
implementation is, but I guess it's pretty convenient, actually, to
have exception handlers as secondary heads because that means that you
can easily identify and ignore them if necessary.

Eric

2008/11/9 Justin <sun.newsgroup at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>

> I just found a weird phenomenon:
>

> When I construct a BriefUnitGraph from a method body with exception handlers
> inside. The constructed graph have more than one head. All the exception
> handlers are included as heads besides the function entry. Although it is
> reasonable in graph theory, it doesn't make sense in a function call. I mean
> the data flow in a function seems to have only one head, isn't it?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Chenguang

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group, McGill University, Montréal, Canada
Got an interesting job offer? http://www.bodden.de/hire-me/