[Soot-list] Problem on analyzing SPECjvm2008

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Nov 13 14:56:54 EST 2008

2008/11/13 Jae-Woo Lee <lee575 at purdue.edu>:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I need to analyze the whole SPECjvm2008 benchmark class files and inintially I
> just wanted to run soot.Main and create jimple code. Whenever I run, I meet
> some library problems so I turned on -use-phantom-refs, which I think create
> another problem. It seems soot.Main tries to resolve all the libraries which
> are used by SPECjvm2008 and creates exceptions when I don't have the libraries.

That's correct, and it should - at least if you want to do a
whole-program analysis.

> For the time being, I want to ignore all the system libraries which are outside
> the SPECjvm2008. Is there a better way other than whenever I meet the
> exception, I try to find what's the missing class belongs and find and add the
> libraries which are not contained in the SPECjvm2008 packages ?
> Thank you.

No, there isn't. It's painful but that's the only good way to cope
with that. I did this once for the DaCapo suite and it took me a week
:-(

Eric Bodden
Sable Research Group, McGill University, Montréal, Canada
Got an interesting job offer? http://www.bodden.de/hire-me/