[Soot-list] Generate output to jimple and bytecode

Mario Mendez-Lojo mario at cs.unm.edu
Thu Nov 20 13:13:47 EST 2008

Given that this functionality is needed only when the bytecode is corrupted
(invalid), do you know if there is any tool that can check the validity of a
given .class file? In Soot you have the -validate flag, but it seems to me that
  a valid Jimple program is not necessarily a valid bytecode program. If I'm not
wrong, I was able to declare a local as of type void, which was rejected by the
JVM at runtime.