[Soot-list] Declaring fields in jasmin

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:13:41 EST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to declare a field in Jasmin:

.class public helloworld
.super java/lang/Object
.method public <init>()V
  aload_0
  invokespecial java/lang/Object/<init>()V
  return
.end method
.field public static "Str" Ljava/lang/String;
.method public static main([Ljava/lang/String;)V
  .limit stack 5
  .limit locals 100
  return
.end method

It seams that no mather what I do Jasmin rejects my field declaration.

Further, the documentation is completely wrong, and copying from the
docs doesn't compile.

Any ideas how could I declare a simple static field in Jasmin?

I am sending this question because Jasmin has no mailling list and
their source forge forum has 1 question every year, and I saw some
questions about jasmin here, so I thougth I could give it a try ...

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho