[Soot-list] want to maintain bytecode offsets for classfiles

Manjiri Namjoshi manjiri.namjoshi at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 4 17:03:49 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to run a soot transformation and annotate the classfiles.
I observed that the classfiles which the soot produces have different
bytecode offsets than the original bytecode offsets.

I think soot optimizations is causing this to happen.

This is the transformation:
       /* adds the transformer. */
        PackManager.v().getPack("jtp").add(new
                        Transform("jtp.annotexample",
                  CreateAnnotationFile.v()));

        /* invokes Soot */
        soot.Main.main(args);

I want to somehow suppress these optimizations and maintain the bytecode
offsets.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Manjiri