[Soot-list] experiences with wjap.purity

Will Benton willb at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 30 08:17:05 EDT 2008

I'm interested in using wjap.purity to compare its results to a purity
analysis that I've developed.  However, it seems to run for a very
long time (it had run for over 7 hours on dacapo antlr when I killed
it off) and uses a great deal of memory (between 4 and 7 gb).  The
analysis it's based on should be fairly scalable, so I am wondering if
I'm using it incorrectly or if the performance problems are an
artifact of the implementation.

Does anyone have experience using this analysis recently on medium-
size programs?  What sort of performance did you encounter?

thanks,
wb

---
Will Benton <willb at cs.wisc.edu>