[Soot-list] Why create temp$xx variables?

Peng Du imdupeng at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 11:30:41 EDT 2009

Thanks, Eric and Patrick.

Yes, I did turned off all the optimizations to see what the result would be.
The reason why I turned off those optimizations is: I want to write a custom
constant propagator with Shimple. Then I ran into this temp$ issue and
couldn't figure out why. If SOOT propagates and fold those constants, I
can't test my algorithm then.

How can I get around this?

Thanks again.

Peng