[Soot-list] Soot-list Digest, Vol 52, Issue 2

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Aug 3 10:20:30 EDT 2009

Hi Peng.

> problem1:
>    Is DemandCSPoints a context-sensitive point to analysis? I remembered
> spark implements no context-sensitive pointto analysis. But the name
> "DemandCS" means context-sensitive.

Yes, this analysis is a context-sensitive extension to Spark.

> Problem2:
>    From the sparkTransformer, I know DemandCSPoint refines after the
> on-the-fly call graph build(), then DemandCSPointTo will only refine
> point to relationship, it will not influence the call graph.
> Am I right? And, what is more important, Can DemandCSPoint tell me exactly
> in the upper case, A() will call r1.run()?

That's right  the analysis does not change the call graph.
Nevertheless, I believe that in principle the analysis should be able
to tell you that the variable "r" D(..) in the context of A() can only
point to objects of the concrete type of "r1". You can then use this
information to prune the call graph accordingly.

I hope this answers your questions.

Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group
Technical University Darmstadt, Germany