[Soot-list] Retaining variable names from Java to Jimple

Prithvi Pal Singh Bisht pbisht at ernie.cs.uic.edu
Tue Aug 4 17:41:21 EDT 2009

Hello,

We are using SOOT to perform a transformation. We would like to retain the
variable names from Java source code to the Jimple IR. We did try
"-p jb use-original-names:true" command line option to do the same.

However, either we are not using it correctly, or it doesnt seem to retain
the variable names (locals, etc.). Is there a way we can retain most of
the names from Java source to Jimple or there is a mapping that we can use
to infer the same?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Prithvi Bisht