[Soot-list] RuntimeException re function getRequest()

Peter Teeson peter.teeson at rogers.com
Sun Feb 22 11:58:04 EST 2009

I'm usingEclipse 3.4.1 with the Soot plugin version 2.3.0 on  my Mac
running OS X Tiger 10.4.11.
Read through both the Survivors Guide and the Command-line options.
Also looked up monitorenter in the VMSpec.
(Note I'm a virgin Java programmer; Normally I use C/C++/Obj-C)

In trying to debug a problem for a friend I thought to use Soot under
Eclipse.
Selected a class (Serialio.modem.Modem) and ran Soot using the
context menu to dava decompile.

This results in a RuntimeException with the following message
appearing on the Console:
"Could not find enter stmt of the synchBody: <Serialio.modem.Modem:
int getRequest()>"

Would you please explain to me what's wrong and how I can fix it.

TIA and respect.....

Peter

The getRequest() function looks like this

  private int getRequest() {
         Object obj = lock;
         JVM INSTR monitorenter ;
         while(requestCode == 0)
             try {
                 lock.wait();
             }
             catch(InterruptedException interruptedexception) {
                 if(requestCode == 7)
                     return 7;
             }
         int i = requestCode;