[Soot-list] Excluding classes

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 3 02:44:42 EST 2009

Hi David.

The -x option merely changes classes (or packages) from being modified
by Soot, by changing them into "library classes". Soot still tries to
load library classes, it just won't process them in any of its
transformers.

When you allow phantom refs then the resolver will skip classes that
it cannot find, modeling them as "phantom classes". However, all
analyses that you then use have to be aware of these phantom classes
and treat them accordingly. Most analyses within Soot are not designed
with phantom classes in mind.

I hope that answers your questions.

Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt