[Soot-list] Excluding classes

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 3 16:47:52 EST 2009

> Ah ok. Is there any difference from just not specifying the class on
> the CLI and having it get picked up by the dependencies? It would seem
> that would have the same effect as specifying -x.

-x is most useful in combination with -app: The -app parameter causes
Soot to treat everything as application classes that is reachable from
the classes that you explicitly state on the command line, *except*
for the ones that you specify using -x.

> Thanks Eric for always explaining things, it is very helpful!

Helps me too to recap on those things from time to time :-)