[Soot-list] simple context-sensitive call graph

Ondrej Lhotak olhotak at uwaterloo.ca
Sat Oct 3 14:06:12 EDT 2009

Hello Khilan...

Paddle does not have to use call strings: it was designed to be very
customizable in the context abstraction that it uses. Changing the
context abstraction requires only implementing new subclasses of
AbsStaticContextManager and AbsVirtualContextManager. These classes
should be very simple and short. Dan Grossman did almost exactly what
you are suggesting, but with atomic blocks rather than synchronized
blocks, and he said it went very well. See his PLDI 2007 paper
titled "Enforcing isolation and ordering in STM".

Ondrej