[Soot-list] LocalMustAliasAnalysis inaccuracy

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Oct 14 05:01:21 EDT 2009

Laurie Hendren just pointed out to me that my proposed solution seems
to coincide with what she published years ago under the name of
"Extended SSA Numbering":

Lapkowski, C. and Hendren, L. J. 1996. Extended SSA numbering:
introducing SSA properties to languages with multi-level pointers. In
Proceedings of the 1996 Conference of the Centre For Advanced Studies
on Collaborative Research (Toronto, Ontario, Canada, November 12 - 14,
1996). M. Bauer, K. Bennet, M. Gentleman, H. Johnson, K. Lyons, and J.
Slonim, Eds. IBM Centre for Advanced Studies Conference. IBM Press,
23.  http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=782075#

Having read the paper now, it seems that indeed the paper describes
the same idea. The only major difference is that Laurie used secondary
numbers that describe the value that a pointer points to. My current
implementation only uses primary numbers.

Eric