[Soot-list] option to suppress inter-class analysis in Soot

Vivek Sarkar vsarkar at rice.edu
Fri Sep 4 12:25:04 EDT 2009

Hi,

We have a quick question re. the use of Soot: is there an existing
option to suppress inter-class analysis in Soot?  If not, can someone
suggest which Soot passes can be safely suppressed if we just want to
process a single classfile at a time (under control of an option)?

The context here is that we've been using Soot in the Habanero project
(habanero.rice.edu) for about a year now, and it's been working out
well.  While our default mode is to perform full interprocedural
analysis, there are cases when we'd like a user be able to optionally
suppress inter-class analysis to reduce compile-time overhead.

Thanks,

Vivek

Vivek Sarkar
E.D. Butcher Professor of Computer Science, Rice University

EMAIL: vsarkar at rice.edu, PHONE: +1-713-348-5304, FAX: +1-713-348-5930,
HOME PAGE: www.cs.rice.edu/~vsarkar

ASSISTANT: Bob Garcia, rxg at rice.edu, +1-713-348-5186, Duncan Hall 3137

MAILING ADDRESS: Dept. of Computer Science - MS 132, Rice University,
P.O. Box 1892, Houston, TX 77251, USA

STREET ADDRESS (for Fedex/courier deliveries): Duncan Hall, Room 3131,
Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Houston, TX 77005, USA