[Soot-list] Converting Soot->Polyglot

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Sep 14 17:12:47 EDT 2009

Hi Christiane.

Since Soot already uses polyglot as a front-end when you use the
-polyglot command-line option to Soot, this should be super easy. Just
integrate your code into Soot (as is) and then use
Scene.v().getMethod(...) to retrieve the method. You just have to pass
in the correct signature.

Eric

2009/9/14 Cristiane Queiroz <criscq at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm developing a tool to extract Java exception handling to AspectJ aspects.
> My problem is:
> I have a class implementing the visit polyglot and finding for explanations
> of methods, but to do the extraction properly, I need some internal reviews
> of block try and block catch-finally, to do this I think that the soot is
> easier than polyglot.
> Then I need to make a transformation polyglot->soot. I have methods of
> polyglot and I want to get the corresponding method in soot.
> What would be the easier way for me to do this conversion?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Cristiane Queiroz

Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt