[Soot-list] Locals vs Stack locations when writing class files

David Mohr dmohr at cs.unm.edu
Wed Sep 16 15:30:01 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm generating some code with soot using Jimple. For some computation,
I get intermediate values and I store them in Locals. When the Jimple
code gets translated into a class file, I end up with many true local
variables for my intermediate values, although I think they should
just live on the stack. Is there any way to influence what Jimple
Local variables become stack locations and which become local
variables in the byte code?

Thanks,
~David