[Soot-list] new local variable reserved in 0 slot?

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Sep 25 04:08:49 EDT 2009

Hi.

There's no problem with using slot 0 as long as "this" is not used within
the method. When the method uses "this" then Soot guarantees that only the
"this" value is stored in slot 0, otherwise not.

Hope that answers your question.

Eric

2009/9/24 LuoQingZhou <seriousamlqz at yahoo.cn>

>  Hi,
>
> I have found when adding some new local variables in a method, sometime
> soot use the "0" slot, like the instruction "astore 0", will this confuse
> with "this" object? In most cases 0 slot is reserved for this object. Or
> soot will detect whether "this" object is used in the method, and then
> determine which slot will be used? Nonetheless the usa of 0 slot sometimes
> makes the bytecode hard to be understanded in some de-java tools.
>
> Thanks
>
> Qingzhou Luo

Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt