[Soot-list] LocalMustAliasAnalysis inaccuracy

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Sep 26 14:33:54 EDT 2009

> My problem with my analysis right now is that there is an endless loop when
> analyzing <java.lang.ref.Reference$ReferenceHandler: void run()>. I keep
> getting new merged value numbers again and again. I wonder if the problem
> also happens with LocalMustAliasAnalysis on that method?

I don't think so. If you look at the analysis you can see that I use a
map to cache value numbers. When re-visiting an expression then the
analysis models this expression using the same value number that was
used before. The same holds for value numbers that originate from a
merge. Without that "trick" the analysis would not converge either.

Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt