[Soot-list] hello + use of soot as a decompiler

Hal Hildebrand hal.hildebrand at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 12:35:41 EDT 2010

>> Also, including soot in Eclipse with
>> "http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/eclipse/" is not working.
>
> What do you mean exactly? What's not working?

In the Helios Release, there is a null pointer exception that occurs when the hover is activated.  I haven't had time to track it down, unfortunately.  But when the Soot plugin is installed, basically you get very odd behavior (and incredibly frustrating behavior) in that editors that don't have unsaved changes will lose these changes when switching to a new file and then back again.  It's definitely Soot's problem as I've verified that things are fixed when the plugin is removed.