[Soot-list] Convert Jimple Value to Bytecode reference

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Aug 19 10:12:08 EDT 2010

Hi Francois.

What exactly do you mean by a bytecode reference?

The way things normally work in Soot is as follows. Jimple code is
converted to a format calles Jasmin, which is a textual format, a
bytecode assembler. (you can inspect this by using "-f jasmin") Then
this textual format is converted to bytecode using the Jasmin
assembler. As far as I know there is no way to convert a single
expression or statement to bytecode. IMHO that would also not make
much sense.

Dr. Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt