[Soot-list] SecurityException with compiler.compiler (specjvm2008)

Manjiri Namjoshi manjiri.namjoshi at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:01:43 EST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to run hotspot (Sun's JVM) on the annotated specjvm2008
classfiles. I am using SOOT framework to annotate the classfiles.
My question is regarding the compiler.compiler benchmark :
After running soot, it generates some classes in the
com.sun.tools.javac.util package. So these annotated classes are now
present in the directory from which I run the specjvm2008 benchmarks.
Also, not all the classes in the mentioned package are transformed by SOOT.
I get SecurityException : class
"com.sun.tools.javac.util.JavacFileManager$Archive"'s signer
information does not match signer information of other classes in the
same package

But, if I specify -Xbootclasspath/p:.:$CLASSPATH (i.e. prepend current
dir and $CLASSPATH to Xbootclasspath) and $CLASSPATH contains
javac.jar, then the benchmark runs fine.

So, my question is are the classes is com.sun.tools.javac loaded as
library classes ? Or, are they a part of application classes ?

Thank You.

Sincerely,
Manjiri