[Soot-list] suggestions on running paddle?

peng lpxz at ust.hk
Sat Jul 10 13:52:30 EDT 2010

Dear all:
I currently conduct an analysis using paddle, it makes the analysis as
simple as writing datalogs.
but I met with one trouble: it runs for too long (I think my
configuration is problematic), can anybody shed some lights?

I run paddle on specjbb on 64-bit machine and analyze the subject
programs together with jdk-1.4-version rt.jar , and set:
PhaseOptions.v().setPhaseOption("cg.paddle", "enabled:true");
PhaseOptions.v().setPhaseOption("cg.paddle", "context:1cfa");
PhaseOptions.v().setPhaseOption("cg.paddle", "bdd:true");
PhaseOptions.v().setPhaseOption("cg.paddle", "backend:javabdd");
As there are several bdd libraries, I choose the javabdd + jdd library
because this combination is purely java based.
It runs for a long time (3hours before I terminated it), so I think I
must commit an error in the configuration, as the reported running time
on dacapo is usually from
10 min to 20 min.

Others:
1 previously, I run a small example using buddy in 32bit machine, it
passes, but for specjbb, it shows the native code runs out of memory.
That is also the reason I have to move to 64bit machine.
2 when I uses javabdd+jdd, I just add them into the buildpath.

Any suggestions on the configuration are appreciated.

Regards
Peng