[Soot-list] Help on classes hierarchy

Goichon Francois francois.goichon at insa-lyon.fr
Tue Jun 1 09:14:28 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have two questions regarding subclassing :

First, I want to know whether a given SootMethod is final, or if its
class is final. I can get the first information with
SootMethod.getDeclaration(), but when the method is not final, I can't
find a way to known whether its declaring class is final or not.

In whole program/full resolver mode, I am searching which methods
implement abstract methods such as java.io.FileSystem
normalize(String). I am therefore using
Scene.v().getActiveHierarchy().resolveAbstractDispatch() with the
SootClass corresponding to FileSystem and the SootMethod corresponding
to normalize(String). My problem is that UnixFileSystem does not seem
to be loaded into Soot Scene. Therefore, resolveAbstractDispatch()
does not return any candidate. If I first load the UnixFileSystem,
then there is no problem and its normalize(String) method is returned.
Is there a way to automatically load all the classes in the Soot
ClassPath or anything that could automatically search for subclasses  ?

Thank you,

François