[Soot-list] New option -no-bodies-for-excluded for Soot

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jun 4 05:12:14 EDT 2010

Hi all.

I have just added a new option -no-bodies-for-excluded to Soot. This
option causes Soot to not load any method bodies of classes from the
"exclude" packages (see -exclude option), even in whole-program mode,
unless the class is explicitly as a "basic class".
-no-bodies-for-excluded implies -allow-phantom-refs, as it uses the
phantom-refs mechanism to model classes that are not loaded.

The intent of this flag is to allow whole-program analyses to execute
quickly on little toy examples, disregarding the Java runtime. Of
course, such an analysis may be unsound - you get what you are asking
for.

All changes have been committed to SVN. This feature is still
experimental, but it appears to work for me - I am now able to run
some of my analysis tests in seconds each instead of minutes each,
just because they now ignore JDK classes.

Dr. Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt