[Soot-list] Upcoming Soot release

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Mar 10 02:58:59 EST 2010

A big hello to all Soot contributors.

I am planning a new Soot release, to appear in about two weeks time.
Hence, if you have contributed code to Soot since the last release,
this may be a good time to clean up the code, comment it, etc.

Also please check if anything is missing from the following documents:
https://svn.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/soot/trunk/CHANGES
https://svn.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/soot/trunk/credits

The new Soot release will come with some significant improvements,
e.g. for analyzing programs that use custom class loaders and
reflection. We have also made some minor changes that are not 100%
backwards compatible (see CHANGES document). Therefore I am thinking
about bumping the version number to 2.4.0.

Cheers,

Dr. Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt