[Soot-list] beginner

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue May 4 11:13:54 EDT 2010

Hi Zack.

>> 1. Optimize the generated bytecode for smaller sizes, i.e. I prefer a
>> small
>> size bytecode than speed

That is a too general question. Quite obviously you would have to
replace multiple statements by fewer, equivalent statements. There's
an infinite number of ways to do this. You may want to look at
peephole patterns/optimizations.

>> 2. How can I keep the line number table and local variable table for each
>> function?

That has been discussed frequently on this list. There's to parameters for this:
-keep-line-number
-p jb use-original-names:true

Cheers,

Dr. Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt