[Soot-list] Soot OSX exception

Richard Gill richard at rgill.co.uk
Tue May 18 11:29:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am porting an existing project over to a Mac, and am struggling to get
what was previously running working.

The error message I am getting is :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: couldn't find class:
java.lang.Object (is your soot-class-path set properly?) Try adding rt.jar
to Soot's classpath, e.g.:
java -cp sootclasses.jar soot.Main -cp .:/path/to/jdk/jre/lib/rt.jar <other
options>

I have read a couple of threads about this, but none of them specify how to
fix the issue.
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/pipermail/soot-list/2005-June/000257.html and
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/listarchives/soot-list/msg00782.html

I think that soot is not finding the rt.jar which in OSX is classes.jar.

And appears to
be /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Classes/classes.jar
on my machine. I have tried setting JDKPATH and CLASSPATH variables, to
various things. And also setting -cp
.:/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Classes/classes.jar
for the soot classpath. This results in soot producing am error message
saying it cannot find the class I am trying to run originally.

If anyone has done this, and knows the solution I would appreciate it.

I am running Snow leopard.

Many Thanks,

Richard