[Soot-list] Adding an attribute to a line of code

Arie Zilberstein arie.zilberstein at gmail.com
Thu May 20 20:33:35 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble adding an attribute to a line of code.

I attach my own custom Tag to a (Jimple) Unit but that tag never gets
translated into a Java attribute.

It seems that Soot only outputs field, class or method-level attributes. A
tag on a Unit will at best get aggregated by a TagAggregator and will be
lost; instead a method-level attribute will be created.

Am I doing something wrong? I analyzed the code thoroughly and could not
find the way.

I even found a tutorial (
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/tagclass/index.html) but it failed
in the same way. I'm using the SVN trunk version of soot.

Thanks,
Arie