[Soot-list] Any points-to analysis based on Shimple?

Lei Shang shangl at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Sep 23 21:40:43 EDT 2010

> Yes, if you have a flow-sensitive pointer analysis over a
> flow-sensitive representation like Shimple then you sort of get some
> flow-sensitivity in the analysis for free. But of course,
> reimplementing a whole pointer analysis on Shimple would be a lot of
> work.

What I mean is not a flow-sensitive algorithm, but the original
flow-insensitive algorithm. I think if the program is in SSA form, each
variable has a new version for a new definition. In that case, the
flow-insensitive pointer analysis over SSA form should get flow-sensitive
points-to sets. Is this correct?

Lei