[Soot-list] How to have whole-program analysis run from non-main() methods

berber berber at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Wed Dec 14 10:27:16 EST 2011

Hi Jiaqi,

which are the issues you have observed? Some days ago I tried to
construct a call-graph, using Spark, for a program with custom
entry-points and observed, that there were several calls missing. I used
some non-static methods as entry points and Spark were not able to
resolve all calls starting from this particular class. Especially calls
within the class were missing (perhaps Spark did not have any
information about "this").

Would be glad, if you could share the experiences you made.

Bernhard

> Hi,
>
> Yes, it works now after the addition, the whole-program analysis is
> able to proceed, although I'm facing other issues now which are
> unrelated to the custom entry points used for callgraph generation.
>
> Thanks!
> Jiaqi
>
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Eric Bodden
> <eric.bodden at ec-spride.de> wrote:
>>> I'm working off of soot-2.4.0 and it seems that Scene does not have
>>> hasCustomEntryPoints() method, should I be working off the nightly