[Soot-list] Call graph generation in Soot

Roberto Santa Escolástica roberto.santaescolastica at kybeleconsulting.com
Tue Feb 1 05:28:03 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

I am evaluating some tools which allow the generation of call graphs and I
have some doubts about Soot. What I am doing right now is an analysis of
these tools in order to select the most suitable to the necessities of our
project. Because of that I will be grateful if someone could answer these
questions:

   - Is it possible to export the generated call graph to a specific format?
   (XML, XLS, CSV, TXT, ...)

   - The final intention of using the tool would be to automatically detect
   the interface elements (for example methods which are used by other
   modules/applications) who have been affected by a change in the software. As
   Soot generates the necessary information to generate a call graph, has it
   any functionality which can detect the interface elements affected by a
   change? If not, does it have an API or something similar to operate with the
   call graph?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

Best regards,

Roberto