[Soot-list] Soot enquiries

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Feb 9 03:17:14 EST 2011

Hello.

> Hi Eric

There's certainly more people on this list willing to help you out.

> Exception in thread "main" soot.AbstractSootMethodRef$ClassResolutionFailedException: Class java.lang.CharacterData doesn't have method of([int]) : java.lang.CharacterData; failed to resolve in superclasses and interfaces Looking in java.lang.CharacterData which has methods []

Typically you get this exception when using an inconsistent set of
class files, and because the Java runtime library is usually
consistent with itself I have actually never seen this issue on a
java.lang.* class.

What happens when you type the following?

javap -private -classpath <your rt.jar> java.lang.CharacterData

You should be seeing the contents of java.lang.CharacterData. Does the
method of([int]) show up?

Dr. Eric Bodden, http://bodden.de/
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Coordinator of the CASED Advisory Board of Study Affairs
PostDoc at Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt