[Soot-list] How to handle native calls

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Feb 10 03:12:58 EST 2011

Hi again.

> I assume that SPARK doesn't modify the modifiers of a native method if
> it handles the it. Am I right?

Yes that's right.

> Does the native simulation of SPARK
> handle all sideeffects of a native method (if it handles it)?

Yes, that's the idea. To the best of my knowledge, the implementation
was last double-checked for Java 1.4. I supposed the simulations are
still correct for those methods already present in 1.4 but there may
have been introduced more native methods with Java 5/6 that are not
yet simulated.

By all means feel free to extend this framework in whatever way you
require. Maybe you can easily get what you want by poking around with
the framework a bit.

Dr. Eric Bodden, http://bodden.de/
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Coordinator of the CASED Advisory Board of Study Affairs
PostDoc at Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt