[Soot-list] process-dir, main-class, entry points and call graph

jiangfan shi jiangfan.shi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 14:09:33 EST 2011

Hi Eric,

Just follow one quick question.

> Without -app, Soot only loads bodies for classes
> explicitly mentioned on the command line (and in -process-dir), with
> -app Soot also loads bodies for all classes transitively referenced by
> the former.

For "all classes transitively referenced by the former", it seems we need
some call graph-like mechanism to decide which concrete classes are possible
referenced by the classes on the command line. For example, we have a class
A with a method M1 shown below:

class A{
   B tmpb; // B is an interface.
   M1(){
      tmpb.M2();

In the above example, B is an interface with 3 implementations, B1, B2 and
B3. If we have the follow command line:

java soot.Main --app A

Will only B be processed or will all B, B1, B2 and B3 be processed? A will
be processed with BodyTransformer in any case.

Thanks.

Jiangfan