[Soot-list] Method's exit-points

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jul 26 04:44:05 EDT 2011

Hi Vasco.

> Since I want the accesses in the method, is there a way to disable this
> "optimization" of putting no exit-point or do you see any possible solutions
> for this?

This is no Optimization - it's just the way the program is structured.
If there's a while(true) loop with no break inside then this is just
an infinite loop with no exit.

I guess the question is: What do you do with the merged information
once you have it? I assume you would pass it as input to other methods
that could execute after the "current method" - is that right? If so
then I guess you can just ignore methods without exit points in this
case, because *no* other method may execute after such a method.

Dr. Eric Bodden, http://bodden.de/
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Coordinator of the CASED Advisory Board of Study Affairs
PostDoc at Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt