[Soot-list] Compilation errors

Роман Мельников melnikov.roman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 06:55:52 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have some errors that I cannot understand. I try to compile some classes
by Soot and set "-cp" with all of the required directories and jar-files. In
my case I try to compile BigAppFactory class with next line
(BigAppFactiry.java is placed at the [dir]\BigApp):
*      java -jar soot-2.4.0.jar -pp -allow-phantom-refs -cp [dir]\BigApp
BigAppFactory*
but get this error:
*     [exec] [dir]\BigApp\BigAppFactory.java:40,3:
     [exec] Semantic Error: no visible type named RootObject*
RootObject class is placed at the same dir as the BigAppFactory.

If I add the "-allow-phantom-refs" option, I got the same error, but if I
delete -cp directory and left the "-allow-phantom-refs" option, than
compilation seems ok but application would work incorrect. How can I give
access to compilator to classes that it requires? Or problem is in another
place?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english, it's not my native language.