[Soot-list] Compilation errors

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jul 27 08:31:02 EDT 2011

Hi again.

> I'm giving as java-files. As far as I know, input options use java input
> files by default so I didn't add some of input options regarding file types.
> Also, I want to add that files placed in jar-archives read normally, trouble
> only with directories.

That explains the problem: the source code is referencing class
RootObject, which (for some reason) Soot cannot find. Maybe there's
some mixup with the directory structure or so.

I think it would be easiest if you compiled all the code to .class
files and then simply give Soot a single directly of those files (or a
JAR file) as input. That is more fail safe.

Dr. Eric Bodden, http://bodden.de/
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Coordinator of the CASED Advisory Board of Study Affairs
PostDoc at Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt