[Soot-list] Open PhD and PostDoc Positions at Software Technology Group (TU Darmstadt)

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jun 27 03:30:15 EDT 2011

Dear all,

we are happy to announce that starting this fall we will have new
openings at the PhD and PostDoc level. The Software Technology Group,
headed by Prof. Mira Mezini, conducts research dedicated to developing
new technologies that help to construct high-quality software in a
productive way. We use and develop an exciting set of technologies
involving object-oriented, domain-specific and aspect-oriented
programming languages, language support through runtime mechanisms
such as virtual machines, programmer support in Integrated Development
Environments, and static and dynamic program analysis. For more
information consult http://www.stg.tu-darmstadt.de/

We invite applications on all topics related to the research our group
is conducting. In particular, however, we are looking to hire students
and PostDocs interested in the following areas:

- Finding and Avoiding Vulnerabilities in current Software (in
collaboration with the Software AG, our industrial partner)
- Static Optimizations of Dynamic Program Analyses
- Novel Language Abstractions to aid Automatic Proofs of Security Properties

Depending on the chosen topic, applicants may be advised or co-advised
Prof. Mira Mezini and/or by Dr. Eric Bodden, who is in the process of
starting up his own research group.

Darmstadt has a unique concentration of IT security expertise that is
provided via CASED (Advanced Security Research Darmstadt ) and the
Fraunhofer SIT, as well as the BMBF “Spitzencluster” (the Initiative
for Excellence started by the Federal Ministry of Education and
Research) and the European Institute of Technology (EIT), with well
over 200 scientists in the area of IT security.

CASED offers an attractive, international environment with students
and scientists from all over the world. PhD students will become
members of the CASED graduate school, which supports them during their
entire PhD research, for instance through professional courses for
transferable skills such as trainings in delivering scientific
presentations or writing scientific papers. PostDocs will become
members of the CASED PostDoc Program, which offer similar support
targeted towards developing a strong professional career path.
Successful PostDocs are regularly given the opportunity to found their
own Junior Research Groups in CASED.

Darmstadt is an attractive city at the heart of the Rhein-Main Area
right in the center of Germany. We are only a 20-minutes ride away
from Frankfurt, and from Frankfurt Airport in particular, which will
bring you to many destinations worldwide in a single hop. Munich,
Cologne and Paris can be reached within two hours.

We are looking to increase the proportion of female scientists and
therefore particularly encourage applications of female students and
PostDocs.

To apply for a position, please email your CV, while in your email
clearly stating the following information:

- Are you applying at the PhD or PostDoc level?
- Which research topic/question interests you most? (brief paragraph)

Please email your application to jobs at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
Mira Mezini and Eric Bodden