[Soot-list] Problem in references of fields and methods

RASIKA LIMJE rasika1103 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:21:51 EST 2011

Respected Sir,

                I thank you for the guidance provided for my earlier query
about getting the Active Body of methods in existing classes. You had
suggested using ‘BodyTransformer’ and the method ‘internalTransform’. It
helped me a lot.

              When I am further trying to split methods and fields in the
existing class into different classes (suppose 2) such that some fields and
methods are in class 1 and other fields and methods are in class 2, I am not
being able to solve the field and method references. Obviously when split,
the fields and methods will belong to new classes and so wherever they are
used or defined the corresponding changes in their reference needs to be
done with respect to their new classes.

             Also the calls made to the methods from original class will be
modified since they no longer belong to original class but the new split
classes. So objects for the new classes need to be created for sure.

                I’ll be extremely obliged if you could assist me with the
above mentioned problems as soon as possible. I’m sending you the following
attachments:

1)      Original class file : Maths.java

2)      Required class files after doing above mentioned changes :
Maths1.java, Maths2.java, Maths3.java

3)      My source code in which I am being able to get the fields and
methods from a class and put those into a different class : step2.java,
ClassCopy.java

Thanking you.

Yours’ sincerely,

    Rasika Limje