[Soot-list] Source Code Lookup

Richard Warburton richard.warburton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:31:50 EST 2011

Using soot on java bytecode that has debugging information attached I
can obtain the line numbers of Units using the 'LineNumberTag'.  Is
there a way to get more detailed information out about jimple
expressions?  Specifically I'm looking for the string that represents
a Value.  Due to the jimplisation process's generation of registers
for stack values I get things like, '$r2' as use ValueBoxes where I
really want a variable thats being written into, such as 'foo'.

The eclipse plugin appears to be able to colour in possibly null
values - and it can link them back to variable names.  This is the
kind of functionality I'm looking for.

regards,

  Richard