[Soot-list] SootField Line Numbers

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed May 25 13:24:47 EDT 2011

Hi Richard.

> I'm using soot to identify some bugs in code.  The bug itself is to do
> with a field, and many of my other bug reports have line numbers
> associated with them, so I was hoping to be able to point to the line
> number where the problem was found.  Its not too much of an issue with
> fields, since they have unique names with classes, so would be easy
> for a programmer to find what the bug report is referring to.  If the
> field is initialized by a non constant literal value then there's some
> code that performs the initialization that might have a line number
> associated with it, but I don't see a general solution otherwise.

Oh, I see. Yes, indeed I think there is no general solution in that case.

Cheers,

Dr. Eric Bodden, http://bodden.de/
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Coordinator of the CASED Advisory Board of Study Affairs
PostDoc at Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt