[Soot-list] Paddle - BDD variable orderings

Edgar Pek edgar.pek at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 00:21:19 EST 2011

Hello,

Do you have experience with BDD variable orderings when doing
field-sensitive context-insensitive points-to analysis with CHA
precomputed call-graph in Paddle?

For example, analyzing eclipse benchmark with default ordering takes 20
minutes ([Paddle] Propagation in 1214.3 seconds.). While Spark, with
what I think is the same configuration, takes 7 seconds ([Spark]
Propagation in 7.2 seconds.)
Is this expected or am I using the wrong ordering for Paddle?

Btw. I'm using paddle-nightly-build and experimenting on a low-end
laptop (Intel Core 2, T5500, 1.66GHz with 2GB).

Thanks,
Edgar