[Soot-list] function call graph

yajin yajinzhou at vm-kernel.org
Fri Sep 2 23:25:30 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your effort for releasing such a good tool.

Currently I am trying to use the soot framework to analyse the Java
application. What I want to do is constructing the method call graph
first. More specifically I want to know which method calls which
method. For example for the following code snippet, I want get the
method call graph:

main->decrpt_file->FileInputStream.read
         ->a

		 if (args[0].length() == 5)
			 decrpt_file(args[0],args[1]);
		 else
			 a("1","2");
}
public void decrpt_file(String input_filename,String output_filename)
{
		FileInputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream(input_filename) ;
		inputStream.read(input);
}
public static String a(String paramString1, String paramString2)
{

I am already using the whole program mode and Scene.v().getCallGraph
to get the call graph. However it seems this call graph is different
from what I need. I searched the mail list and did not find the good
solution. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks very much.

----

yajin