[Soot-list] Pre-processing of Jimple Code

Patrick Lam p.lam at ece.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Apr 4 13:15:18 EDT 2012

On 04/04/2012 07:13 AM, Eric Bodden wrote:
>> We could have transformation phases specifically for class files (at the
>> moment there is a body&  scene transformer, no class transformer).
>
> One thing I have always had in mind would be to allow packs to take
> any kinds of transformer. In other words, there could be
> BodyTransformers maybe ClassTransformers and SceneTransformers, and
> they would automatically iterate over the respective structures. One
> problem with this is that the j* packs all execute one after the other
> on the same body before then switching to the next body. That would,
> of course, not easily be possible if different kinds of transformers
> were allowed. But for the other packs, this should work. What do
> people think? Would that be useful to have?
>
> @Patrick: What would you call such a pack?

Somehow I want to call it "jlp", where l stands for something like
"lengthwise": if I understand correctly, the transformer would run over
all items in the program before other transformers get to it. We can
already do that with a SceneTransformer, but it's less convenient.

I'm not sure that it's useful to put SceneTransformers and
BodyTransformers into the same pack. Why would you want to do that?

pat