[Soot-list] patch to allow adding methods during BodyTransformer

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Mon Apr 16 06:56:49 EDT 2012

Hi Phil.

Thanks for the patch. I had a brief look. One question: Is it really
necessary to have this method-queue field? Does this field not just
hold a copy of the method list?

Cheers,
Eric

On 14 April 2012 01:25, Phil Pratt-Szeliga <pcpratts at syr.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is a patch to allow adding methods to a class while another of
> its methods in the same class is being analyzed by a BodyTransformer.
> A test case for this code is located at:
> https://bitbucket.org/pcpratts/soot_add_method
>
> Without this patch, output to Jimple works but baf output does not work.
>
> This use case occurs whenever a developer wants to add a method in the
> same class of a method being analyzed.
>
> Phil Pratt-Szeliga
> Syracuse University

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt