[Soot-list] patch to allow adding methods during BodyTransformer

Phil Pratt-Szeliga pcpratts at syr.edu
Wed Apr 18 11:56:47 EDT 2012

Hi Eric,

Here is a minimal test case that causes an exception to be thrown. The
exception is shown below. What is happening is that the method is not
included in the list of methods to be converted from Jimple/Shimple to
Baf.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: method:
gpuMethodnew has an invalid active body!
	at soot.baf.JasminClass.emitMethodBody(JasminClass.java:112)
	at soot.AbstractJasminClass.emitMethod(AbstractJasminClass.java:697)
	at soot.AbstractJasminClass.<init>(AbstractJasminClass.java:576)
	at soot.baf.JasminClass.<init>(JasminClass.java:92)
	at soot.PackManager.writeClass(PackManager.java:871)
	at soot.PackManager.writeOutput(PackManager.java:475)
	at soot.PackManager.writeOutput(PackManager.java:400)
	at soot.Main.run(Main.java:199)
	at soot.Main.main(Main.java:141)
	at edu.syr.pcpratts.useproto.analyzer.NewMethodExample.run(NewMethodExample.java:41)
	at edu.syr.pcpratts.useproto.analyzer.NewMethodExample.main(NewMethodExample.java:46)

Phil