[Soot-list] Question about static slicing support in soot

Sai Zhang szhang at cs.washington.edu
Tue Apr 24 00:18:01 EDT 2012

Hi there,

I am wondering are there any interprocedural static slicing algorithms
implemented in the current soot release? Sorry that I did not find any when
taking a rough look at soot's doc and package structure (I can be wrong
here). Just want to confirm.

If there are some slicing algorithms implemented, could anyone kindly point
me to the relevant classes, and let me know how easy to "customize" it to
define my own "statement relevance criteria", such as implementing thin
slicing-like technique [PLDI'07] or a dependence analysis without
considering control flow?

Thanks a lot

-Sai