[Soot-list] analysis data structures

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Thu Aug 2 02:37:37 EDT 2012

Hi Yitzhak.

The standard JDK data structures are usually very runtime efficient
but sometimes not memory efficient enough. It really depends on what
you are aiming for. These days I usually go with the JDK ones first
until I detect a bottleneck in the analysis.

Eric

On 1 August 2012 22:09, Yitzhak Mandelbaum <yhmandelbaum at cert.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any recommended data structures for use as "context vectors" (in the sense meant in abstract interp.)?  I saw that the nullness analysis uses a bit vector (BitSet)  and LocalMustAliasAnalysis uses a standard java.util.Map. Does Soot provide anything specialized, or are the standard-lib data structures like these the way to go?
>
> Thanks,
> Yitzhak

> Yitzhak Mandelbaum
> CERT / Software Engineering Institute
> Carnegie Mellon University
> http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~yhm

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt