[Soot-list] pretty-printer of tagged program

Zell zell08v at orange.fr
Sat Aug 4 04:37:29 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I would like to know whether there are easy ways to pretty-print the
dataflow results retrieved from SOOT. I know something about tags in SOOT.
Is there some existing code that eases pretty-printing of  programs (source
or Shimple etc) that contains tagged information?

Another question, I find the 'Forwardbranchedanalysis' abstract class has a
confusing  'flowthrough' signature:

protected void flowThrough(A in, Unit s, List<A> fallOut,
            List<A> branchOuts) {

I feel confused about 'fallOut' and 'BranchOuts'. These are standard terms
but here  why the latter (branchouts) is in pluriel while the former
(fallout)  is in single, whereas both are of type List<A>?

More concretely,  for a program of the following form,

B0;
if (foo) then B1;
else if (bar) then B2;
else  {B3; B4;B5}
B6

could you tell me the fallOut and BranchOuts after B0, (foo), B3, and B5,
respectively? In particular, what are the fallout and branchout for a
linear execution, like B3; B4 above? I was trying to understand the
'fallout' and 'branchedout'  as standard terms, but apparently my
branchedflowAnalysis that I am working with behaves strangely these days...

Thank you for your ideas.
Zell.